Friday, December 28, 2007

Honesty Becomes Me

There's a gigantic new Borders in the Turkey Creek shopping center (my favoritest place ever, because there's also an Atlanta Bread Company and the flagship of the Regal Cinemas line, The Pinnacle). I went there for the first time today and bought a few things, including Jim C. Hines's second goblin book, Goblin Hero.

Only, once I was walking out to the car I started thinking about the total, and when I looked at my receipt I discovered the cashier had forgotten to ring up the book. She had only charged me for the day planner, the puzzle magazine, and the half-off chocolate cookie that didn't actually turn out to be much good.

I went back in and told her, and she rang the book up for me and I paid for it. Because I am an honest person, and I don't want Hines to be cheated out of his royalties for that purchase, and anyway only a cad steals books.

But I do wonder--if it had been the puzzle magazine or the day planner instead of the book, would I have gone back in? I hope so, but I don't know.

The cookie? Hell no. Hey, free cookie.

No comments: