Thursday, January 31, 2008

To the streets!

Anonymous is calling for RL protests on Feb. 10, with directions on how to go about doing so properly:



I snagged this from EBear'sBlog, but it's not exactly hard to find. I am so into this. It reminds me of the mid-90s, when I had friends in the Knoxville Anarchist Black Cross. Okay, one friend. And he was the only member. But it was real, man. It was real and on the streets.

White Rose has surprised me. Yesterday I killed the leathery-winged avian with a well-placed wisent stampede, and had to put in a little scene of--not sex, but perhaps titillation--just to keep me interested enough to keep writing past the stampede so I could get my day's 1,000 words in. This is the raunchiest novel I've ever written, I swear. I feel like I should shower after writing some days. Anyway, I was contemplating the days ahead, when I would be writing about the tedious trip over the sea of grass to the elvish city of Setthrem, when I got An Idea. And it's a good one. And now I'm all excited about White Rose and starting to wonder if maybe it's going to turn out to be a real book instead of a parody of one.

No comments: