Thursday, June 19, 2008

Weirdest thing I ever washed

I did a load of laundry this morning, and when I went to get them out--I found my plastic bottle of spinning wheel oil mixed in with the sheets. It must have fallen off the linen closet shelf into the dirty clothes basket. And my washer is also a dryer, one of those tiny apartment models that take forever to work and get VERY HOT. I picked up the oil bottle with a washcloth, figuring it would be half-melted at least.

But no, it's fine. So is the oil. The cap didn't come off or anything. My gawd, I am one lucky person. For one thing, now I don't have to buy more spinning wheel oil. Or sheets.

It's Thursday so I had the day off, and as usual I wasted it entirely. I think I've written maybe 250 words all day. I need my day job for more than one reason, obviously.

No comments: