Monday, July 21, 2008

decisions, decisions

I'm not sure what project I should be working on right now. The fourth Weredeer book is intriguing--and in fact I did write a big chunk of a key scene at work today--but it needs more work before I can put a full outline together right now. I have the first half outlined, but it sort of falls apart after that. White Rose is stuck at a tricky juncture. I left poor Rose hiding from a magical monster and I'm not sure how to extricate her from her peril without pulling a deus ex machina.

Maybe I'll do my Charmed Circle outlining early. I intend to make that book a real showcase for my writing--good enough to snag an agent--and it's going to need a good bit of research. If I rough out the outline and characters now, I can concentrate on the research over the next few months. I plan to actually write it during November (during NaNo).

It's either that or go back to those two dreary short stories.

2 comments:

Cate Gardner said...

I know what you mean. I started one project (got stuck 5,000 words in), then began planning The Poisoned Apple II, and then this morning 'POP!' another idea.

K.C. Shaw said...

I wish some of my ideas would link up so I could put a really good plot together, instead of a lot of half-baked ones, myself. :)