Friday, August 29, 2008

Tomorrow is where your book begins...

So in a little less than four hours, I can start my 3-day novel contest. Except that I plan to go to bed here in about half an hour and get up at five, write two hours, leave for work, write at work (longhand) until I get off at 1pm, go home and write write write until I have a minimum of 10,000 words for the day. This is doable unless my outline goes horribly awry.

I will be checking in occasionally throughout the weekend to post, and probably vent incoherently. The house is spotless. If my landlady walked in right now, she'd burst into tears of joy at having found The Perfect Tenant. (Except that one of the cats would probably barf on the carpet then.) I have nothing to distract me from my task. I even put flystrips on the kitchen and study windows to trap those damned gnats!

Speaking of the study, Mom took a picture of my new bookshelves. As soon as she emails them to me, I'll post them. She took a picture of my outline, too, with Vincent the cat investigating it. I hope that one came out.

No comments: