Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Books and furniture

My books came today! There's not much better in life than opening a box full of brand new books. I want to read them all first.

I helped Mom move some furniture to her new house yesterday and managed to wrench my left hip something fierce. A woman at work says my symptoms sound like the time she bruised her bursa, which I thought was some foreign article of clothing. Maybe that's burka. Anyway, it hurts when I move my leg any way except carefully forward or backward, as in walking, and I feel like an idiot because I'm limping as if I want attention when it's just a bruise or minor strain or something. Stupid furniture.

5 comments:

Cate Gardner said...

Poor you.

Unknown said...

I hate the limping to get attention feeling myself.

K.C. Shaw said...

Poor me! And it's not even bad enough to get me out of anything I don't want to do, like going to work.

Carrie Harris said...

Awww... hope you're feeling better.

K.C. Shaw said...

I am, actually. I've just come back from scraping glue off my Mom's new dining room floor (original stone tiles) with CHEMICALS, a two-hour job, and I'm oddly limber now. Still hurt, but not as bad. I'll probably stiffen up again tonight.