Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Slow day at work = word count spike!

Man, I wrote some 4,000 words yesterday, longhand, entirely at work. We were really slow and yesterday was my long day where I work 8:30 to 7:30. So I just scribbled all day and filled a big chunk of notebook, and now my Nano count is nearly 11,000!

Hopefully I can do that again today.

I moved up a big event that I'd planned to put near the end, because there wasn't enough going on, and it actually worked really well. I threw in a dragon (sort of), a werewolf, and someone dies.

I just did a quick Mary Sue test for Ana, and she is so totally a Mary Sue (score of 35). I knew that, though. I'll have to have her do something irredemably horrible. I think I know what it'll be.

7 comments:

Carrie Harris said...

I've got a Borderline Sue (24). What a funny test.

K.C. Shaw said...

Yes, it's a lot of fun. Until I hit the higher scores, anyway.

Jamie Eyberg said...

you are rocking with your word count! and I thought I was doing good with 8500.

K.C. Shaw said...

I'm pretty happy with my count--I'm doing a lot better than last year. Hey, 8500 is nothing to sneeze at either!

Angela Ackerman said...

Congrats on the WC! Here's to beating the MS out of all our characters, lol...

Cate Gardner said...

My character is The Anti-Sue (8). I'm surprised.

K.C. Shaw said...

I am in awe of the anti-sue!

Now to beat the mary sue out of my mary sue! :p