Thursday, December 11, 2008

My crappy life

I got stuck working today. And my computer is totally screwed up. And the new blank CDs I got to burn Christmas music onto aren't recognizable as CDs by any computer in this house. And it's raining, and by the time I leave work at 7:30 tonight, all this rain is going to be turning to ice.

And tomorrow I get to get up and go to work again. I feel like I never come home anymore except for long enough to take care of some of the shit that piles up because I'm never home.

Yeah, the honeymoon phase of my job is over. This is why I temped for so many years, you know. I get BORED with anything after about six months.

4 comments:

Carrie Harris said...

I know exactly what you mean. And then it'll happen all over again. But the good news is that you've got a holiday coming up, which means a couple of days off. Right?

Cate Gardner said...

Oh we all have days, weeks (years) like that - it will all come good. Says someone who has been in the same job for nearly 14 years.

Jamie Eyberg said...

just give up and quit, find yourself a sugar-daddy and write full time. works for me (okay she is my sugar mamma but it still works)

K.C. Shaw said...

It's mostly just finals week killing us all. Tomorrow's the last day, though, and then Monday I have to give a placement test in the evening, and after that things should settle down. And I do have a week off for the holidays, thank goodness.

Hmm, a sugar daddy--that's what I need! But they seem to be in short supply.