Saturday, February 28, 2009

1/6 into 2009

February is over already--it flew by. I didn't do very much in February. I did finish writing Blood and Taxes and made some minor revisions. I started querying agents about The Taste of Magic, although since I've received six agent rejections already I'm not so sure it's as good as I thought. But what else is new?

Not only did I not do a lot of writing in February, I didn't do anything I'd planned to do this week. I still need to finish the time traveling story I started weeks and weeks ago. Maybe I'll make that my goal tomorrow. It's a fun little story and I know exactly how it'll end. I just need to sit down and write it.

I didn't write a single short story in February. I did sell a story to Alienskin, which pleases me mightily, but that was my only acceptance this month (and only my second for the year). I have five stories and one novella out at the moment. I only read three books this month.

Well, it was a short month. Those two or three extra days make all the difference!

5 comments:

Cate Gardner said...

Hey, our February was almost the same - I got a rejection from Alienskin... Oh no, that's wrong isn't it. :)

Jamie Eyberg said...

I haven't submitting anything to Alienskin so I feel a little left out. I have a good feeling about March. Really good.

Aaron Polson said...

Don't worry Jamie, I received two rejections from Alienskin. ;)

Not a bad month at all, K.C.

Unknown said...

I can't wait to get my book written one day so that I too can receive rejections from agents!

K.C. Shaw said...

Cate--You'll get an acceptance next, I'm sure! I've racked up plenty of rejects from them myself.

Jamie--I hope you're right about March!

Aaron--thanks. I will be more productive in March if it kills me! Which it may.

Jeremy--after the first thousand agent rejections, the novelty wears off.