Thursday, January 7, 2010

Everything is sticking to everything

I'm stuck at work until 6:30 tonight, the very night we're having our very own snowpocalypse! The world is turning white outside. Mom left me a voicemail earlier telling me that the snow is coming down fast now and that "everything is sticking to everything." I'm picturing cows stuck to pigs, birds stuck to trees, and the house covered in stuck-on leaves like a winter coat.

It's been really really really really really busy at work this week--it always is during registration--so not only have I not been writing (or reading anyone's blogs, which is driving me crazy!), I haven't been doing much except breathing and getting through the day, and in the evening I read a little bit before falling into bed. I figure things will settle down after next week. Assuming the snowpocalypse doesn't bury us all!

11 comments:

Fox Lee said...

I hope the pig is stuck on top of the cow, and not the other way around!

Aaron Polson said...

You're welcome. I sent the snowpocalypse your way. Heh. Watch out for the cowpigbirds. They're deadly.

K.C. Shaw said...

Natalie--Poor pig!

Aaron--I think I saw a cowpigbird tumble by me on my drive home. It was pretty scary-looking, especially the squashed pig.

Jamie Eyberg said...

I don't know, pigs are pretty sturdy. . .

verification word: glarge. I think I shall try to use that in a story tomorrow.

K.C. Shaw said...

'Glarge' sounds like something a pig would say if a cow was squishing it.

Cate Gardner said...

Just make sure you keep remembering to breathe...

K.C. Shaw said...

It's hard to breathe when it's so coooold out!

Anne Spollen said...

Just think how much more you'll enjoy the snow once you are unbusy again.


Snowpocalypse -- lol

K.C. Shaw said...

They closed the college where I work today because of the weather (not much snow after all, but icy and treacherous roads), so I had an unbusy day today. I appreciated it very much. :)

Anonymous said...

This sounds like a game of Katamari Damacy, which is just a LOT of fun. Cows do stick to pigs, and whatnot. I might have to put it in and play it, productivity be hung!

...No, I'll be a good girl and write. Almost lost my mind there.

-Mercedes

K.C. Shaw said...

Okay, that sounds like the best game ever. I know what I'm going to be doing tomorrow.