Sunday, October 17, 2010

Yet another bunch of plans

I didn't get much writing done this weekend, but I did catch up on a lot of other stuff. The upstairs bathroom is finally really clean (well, except for the floor) and I bought myself a new toothbrush and lavender soap, and made some awesome beef stew with the best turnips I've ever seen in my life, and finally planted the winter radishes and cleaned out the garden a little, and read someone else's book that I'll review tomorrow, and did laundry. I have my usual end-of-October feeling of setting things right for winter--compounded, of course, by the feeling of getting things sorted before NaNo.

The steampunk Goldielocks story is going well. I'm not as far along as I want to be, but I think it's really good so far. I'm definitely on track to finish it by November, at which point I'll pick Adventures in Zoology back up and finish it over NaNo.

No one believes me anymore when I set out my writing plans. I don't believe me either. Oh well, whatever works. As long as I'm writing and finishing at least one book a year, I think I'm good. Of course, my "need to finish" projects are piling up.

I've still got two and a half months left in 2010. I want to finish the Goldielocks story, Adventures in Zoology, Christopher Kaplan, and possibly even the unnamed romance this year, but I'll settle for any two of the four.

9 comments:

Aaron Polson said...

I say go steampunk. That one sounds fun. ;)

K.C. Shaw said...

It's sure a lot of fun to write. I get to invent all kinds of zany stuff. Ornithopters, here I come!

Fox Lee said...

Oh crap, 2010 is ending isn't it?? I was just getting used to writing it!

Cate Gardner said...

I was going to suggest you clean the bathroom floor with your old toothbrush but, frankly, it sounds like you have enough to do already.

Anne Spollen said...

NaNoWriMo - I just joined that. At least I'll know one other person!

Anne Spollen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
K.C. Shaw said...

Natalie--I caught myself writing 2009 this morning. Doh!

Cate--Ha, I actually did use my old toothbrush to clean around the sink tap!

Anne--Oh, good! What's your handle on the NaNo site and I'll buddy you?

Anonymous said...

Your stew and gardening and turnips sound like the kind of life that I always wanted for myself. Rock on, autumn!

-Mercedes

K.C. Shaw said...

I love this time of year!