Saturday, March 31, 2012

The difference a week makes

On March 25, last Sunday, I went on a long (4.5 hour) hike through Clear Creek. It was a lovely, sunny day and I took lots of pictures. This afternoon, once the daily storms had moved off, I hiked up to Observation Point for my end-of-the-month photo of the view, and took lots more pictures as I went along.

Well, I thought it was green last week. But look at these pictures, the first taken last week, the second taken today:


And no, I didn't monkey with the filters or shop anything. Spring is just exploding all over the place. This was the warmest March on record and very nearly the wettest. We've had storms almost every night, daily temperatures consistently between 70 and 85 degrees every single day. I'm not complaining, because it's been awesome, but it does make me worry about the summer. I think it's going to be very, very hot by July.

But in the meantime, it's just gorgeous out there.

2 comments:

Paula RC said...

Hi K.C. my writing friends have just left after our day of talking all things writing. It lovely to watch the changes in the landscape as the season gets started. My garden seemed to burst into life overnight.

You are lucky, here in the UK we are very worried about the warm sunny weather we having as we are now not allowed to use hosepipes to water our gardens.

Thank you for sharing your photos with us.

K.C. Shaw said...

We get more rain here than Seattle does, or so I've heard. I hope you get some rain out your way so you won't have to worry about watering your garden! Enjoy the sunshine!